Online Auction Terms and Conditions
* Access and use of any online auction site of R.H. Lee & Co. Auctioneers, Inc. is subject to any and all terms and conditions set forth.
Terms on each individual auction will be in addition to the following terms and may supersede select portions of the following:
1. By accessing this site, you agree to accept, without limitation, all of the terms and conditions of the online auction site.
2. Auctioneer reserves the right to periodically edit the terms and conditions of this agreement and it is the buyer's responsibility to periodically review any changes to this agreement prior to use of this site. By using this site you agree in advance to accept any such changes.
3. All property is sold "as-is" and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Property is open to thorough public inspection and it is the bidder's responsibility to determine condition etc. Bidder's failure to inspect any item/lot will not constitute ground for any claim, adjustment, refund, termination of the contract for sale.
4. Though all descriptions are believed to be correct, auctioneer makes no warranties or representations of any kind with respect to the property, and in no event shall be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, condition, etc. Auctioneer does not take responsibility for typographical errors, misprints, etc.
5. Auctioneer reserves the right to change, modify, edit or delete any item/lot in the auction at any time necessary.
6. ALL SALES may be subject to a Buyer’s Premium and Sales Tax where applicable. Please check each auction’s individual Terms to find the amounts for each auction. If you have a resale certificate and would like to be tax exempt, please email a copy of your retail sales license prior to bidding in any auction. The total invoice amount will include the bid price plus buyer's premium and sales tax if applicable. The credit card on file will be charged immediately for the total amount of the invoice when stated in the individual auction Terms(does not apply to Real Estate Auctions). An electronic receipt will be furnished to each buyer at the conclusion of the sale.
7. After the close of the auction, auctioneer is not responsible for damage, theft, breakage, etc.
8. No items shall be removed without having been paid for in full. All property shall be removed from the premises during the time specified for each individual auction. If not removed, items may be considered abandoned and resold with proceeds going to the auction company.
9. Bidder accepts responsibility for and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Auctioneer and their employees, governing bodies, officers, owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, agents, and representatives from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, fees, costs, and expenses related to, arising from, or associated with a buyer, his agents or representatives, use of this site, including but not limited to personal injuries or property damage incurred on the sale premises or during removal and transport of any auction item, and arising out of, based upon, or resulting from any breach or violation by bidder or this user agreement or any use by bidder or the site or as a result of a dispute with another bidder.
10. Auctioneer cannot, and will not, be held responsible for any interruption in service, errors, and/or omissions, caused by any means and does not guarantee continual, uninterrupted or error free service or use of this site. Bidder acknowledges that this auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware and software that may malfunction without warning. The Auctioneer, in its sole discretion may void any sale, temporarily suspend bidding, and re-sell any items that were affected by any malfunction. The decision of the Auctioneer is final.
11. As a bidder, placing a bid is a binding contract between you and R.H. Lee & Co. Auctioneers, Inc. and the bid cannot be retracted. Once you become the winning bidder, you will be obligated to buy the item at the said price you indicated as your bid plus any additional premiums, fees and/or taxes when applicable. Placing a bid on this site, winning, then not paying for the item is illegal and prosecution can result. Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bidder or bids at his own discretion.
12. As a bidder you are responsible for any bids placed under your bidding number and password. If at any time you feel that your bidder number or password have been compromised due to lack of security on your part, notify auctioneer immediately.
13. The vast majority of items offered for sale are sold regardless of price. On occasion, in order to offer the widest selection of merchandise possible, which would otherwise be unavailable for sale, we may sell selected pieces subject to a fair reserve price established by the owner. In the case of items with reserves, the auctioneer shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Consignor, or the Consignor may wish to bid personally, or by agent. However, in all cases, full commissions are due and payable to auctioneer without distinction or preference shown to such Consignor should he become the successful bidder.
14. During an online auction, extended bidding will be given to items that have bids placed on them within several minutes of the close of that item. This is to allow fair time for all bidders to respond to a change in the bidding before time expires. Also, items in auction may have staggered ending times. The first items will close at the specified ending time but the other items may close at later intervals.
15. The parties agree that any controversy or claim arising out of this contract, or any related dealings between them, must be resolved by final and binding arbitration, with no appeal permitted, except as provided by statue. The parties voluntarily waive their rights to seek traditional remedies in any court, including the right to trial by jury. The prevailing party will be entitled to collect from the other its costs associated with the arbitration, including reasonable attorney's fees. This contract will be construed and governed solely in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina. The exclusive venue for any controversy or claim between parties will be in the County of Fairfield, State of South Carolina.
16. Please read the specific Terms & Conditions for each online auction. These terms may have additions to the above and may have changes or conditions that are not reflected above. Auction specific Terms supersede any of the above terms.